main banner

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fire damages Annandale house

The Fairfax County Fire Department is investigating a fire Wednesday afternoon at 3798 Dade Drive, Annandale. A smoke alarm alerted a sleeping teenager, and she escaped the two-story house unharmed.

According to a statement from the fire department, the fire originated on the deck, headed up the vinyl siding, into the eves, and into the attic before firefighters arrived at approximately 2:20 p.m. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire. Damage is estimated at $43,000. There were no injuries. Four occupants of the house have been displaced. They declined Red Cross assistance.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment