main banner

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reader appreciates service at Annandale business: Hats off to Bracken Opticians!

The first day of the new year is a great time to publish a good-news story about a local business. A blog reader, who wishes to remain anonymous, submitted the following report on Dec. 31:

While she and her husband were visiting family in Ohio during the Christmas holiday, the frame of her eyeglasses broke. Fortunately, she had taken an old pair of glasses with her as a back-up, she says, “but I was in need of having my glasses repaired or replaced asap once home.”

She took them to Bracken Opticians (6960-J Bradlick Shopping Center, Annandale) at 11:30 a.m. yesterday after returning home the night before. The employees at Bracken found a similar frame in stock and transferred her lenses to it.  “By 1 p.m., I was walking out of their store with new glasses done,” she says.

“I’m not sure this kind of service would be available elsewhere on a holiday. I just wanted to sing the praises of their helpfulness and kindness to me,” she says. “I was so pleased with the courtesy and service given me today at Bracken Opticians, I thought I'd share my experience. Hats off to a locally owned business!”

1 comment:

  1. My hat is off to Braken also. Shame is that this is the only thing that happened in Annadnale in the last 24 hr's

    ReplyDelete