It’s hard to believe, but today is the third anniversary of the Annandale blog.
When the first article was posted (it was about the beltway construction) on May 4, we had no idea the blog would still be going strong in 2012, or how it would evolve. Back then, the goal was to post at least two or three times a week. Now, there’s a new post just about every day, and sometimes more, depending on what’s going on around here.
In the past three years, readership has steadily climbed, and various features have been added, including advertising, a weekly newsletter, an Annandale blog Facebook page, “neighborhood spotlight” articles highlighting different communities, and the Annandale anaconda, who’s made an appearance all over town.
Here are the most popular stories in the blog since it started:
- Fairfax Police SWAT team conducts training exercise at Lacey Center in Annandale, July 20, 2010
- Annandale cat hoarders took good care of their 130-plus cats but just got overwhelmed, Nov. 21, 2010
- There are plenty of places to see fireworks in NOVA on July 4, June 27, 2011
- New Year's Eve events scheduled for Annandale area, Dec. 28, 2010
- Thousands expected in Annandale this weekend for KORUS Festival, Sept. 14, 2010
Police shoot dog in Parklawn, Sept. 2, 2011
Apparent murder suicide under investigation, March 27, 2012
Annandale losing popular KORUS Festival, May 4, 2011
Walgreens moving to Annandale, on Fuddruckers site, March 13, 2012
Korus Festival moves to Fairfax Corners, July 23, 2011