main banner

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Man injured in Annandale fire

A man was injured in a fire in a workshop behind a house at 3739 Morningside Drive, Annandale, on Jan. 20, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reported. The man was transported to the Washington Hospital Burn Center with non-life threatening injuries. A firefighter received non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital.

When firefighters arrived at approximately 5:35 p.m., they encountered a large, two-story outbuilding “fully involved with fire,” the release states. “There was some minor fire extension to the nearby woodlands.” The building is at the rear of a house in the western part of Annandale, off Prosperity Avenue.  Firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 15 minutes.

According to fire investigators, the fire was accidentally started when gasoline was ignited by someone using a metal grinder inside the workshop.

1 comment:

  1. This property is located in Fairfax 22031, not Annandale. Please be more accurate in your reporting....it's not difficult with the
    "internets"

    ReplyDelete