main banner

Monday, February 25, 2013

Annandale house fire displaces 10

An accidental fire at a single-family home in the Pinecrest area of Annandale Feb. 24 was caused by “an unidentified electrical event in the  basement,”  the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reported.
No one was injured. Four adults and six children have been displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Firefighters encountered heavy smoke from the basement at the two-story house at 6606 Reserves Hill Court when they arrived just before 2 p.m. It took them 15 minutes to bring the fire under control. The bulk of the fire was in the mechanical room in the basement and had spread to the ceiling and first floor subfloor. Damage is estimated at $60,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment