main banner

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Accidental house fire in Annandale displaces three

4942 Andrea Ave. is close to Long Branch Park. [Photo from Google Maps.]
A fire in a house at 4942 Andrea Ave., Annandale, Monday, Sept. 23, was accidental and was caused by a torch used by a worker in the basement, according to investigators from the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.

When firefighters arrived on the scene at about 4:25 p.m., they encountered heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear and basement of the home, the fire department reports. Firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack and brought the fire under control in approximately 15 minutes.

Two adults were at home when a family friend alerted them about the fire. They escaped unharmed. Three adults have been displaced and are being provided Red Cross support. Damage is estimated at $150,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment