main banner

Friday, November 8, 2013

Resident of Seven Corners apartment building burned in electrical fire


Firefighters rescued a man early Friday morning from a fire in the Jefferson Apartments on 6166 Leesburg Pike in Seven Corners. He was transported to the Washington Hospital burn center, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reported.

More than 50 firefighters from Fairfax County and Arlington County responded to the fire, which originated in a second-floor apartment at about 3 a.m. Firefighters rescued an adult male from the apartment where the fire originated and transported him to Washington Hospital burn center.

According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. It was caused by an electrical anomaly in a power strip. A smoke alarm in the apartment did not activate due to a dead battery. Damage is estimated at $25,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment