|A pile of debris by the front steps was removed from the shop after the fire.|
Firefighters responded at approximately 9:50 a.m., encountered smoke and fire on the first floor and were able to bring the fire under control within minutes. The cause of the fire was determined to be a malfunction of a fan in the stove hood system. Fire investigators said the fire was caused by a malfunctioning fan in the stove hood system. A monetary estimate of damages hasn’t been determined yet.
The shop had just relocated to that building a few months ago from 7121 Columbia Pike, where it was known as Annandale Art & Frame. The owner, John Shin, says it will be three or four months before the shop can reopen, if it reopens at all. The basement and top floors of the house are used as residences.