main banner

Friday, January 10, 2014

Vehicle fire caused by Molotov cocktail

A vehicle fire at the western edge of Annandale in the early morning of Jan. 10 was caused by a Molotov cocktail, an improvised bottle-based incendiary device, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports.

When firefighters responded, at about 1:35 a.m., a Honda Odyssey van in the driveway of 9202 Ashmeade Drive was in flames. There were no injuries. The van is a total loss, and there was minor damage to the nearby garage. Damage is estimated at $8,000. Neighbors had discovered the blaze and called 911.


  1. That address/property is IN Fairfax VA 22032, closer to Fairfax City than to Annandale.

  2. yeah but the Fire Department refers to it as "West Annandale." Do people who live in that neighborhood consider themselves to be in West Annandale or Fairfax?

  3. Even if the Fire Dept was also delivering mail, 22003 is simply Annandale NO compass points added. Leson being if you want to know where and address is located don't call the Fire Dept and if you want to have a fire put out don't call the Post Office.