main banner

Friday, May 2, 2014

Family pets perish in Bailey's Crossroads house fire


5972 Jan Mar Drive [photo from Google Maps]

A house fire at 5972 Jan Mar Drive in Bailey’s Crossroads May 1 was caused by “an electrical anomaly in a second-floor bedroom,” according to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.

A dog and a cat perished in the fire. The two people who lived at the house have been displaced and are being supported by Red Cross. Damage is estimated at $50,000.


Firefighters arrived at about 5:35 p.m. and quickly extinguished the fire. They found several working smoke alarms in the home, including one installed by firefighters during a weekend Safety In Our Community visit to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment