main banner

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hazmat incident at George Mason Library

Firefighters enter George Mason Library. [Photo by Greg Guise/WUSA]

George Mason Regional Library in Annandale was evacuated this morning when people noticed a strange odor in the building and eight people complained of shortness of breath. Fairfax County firefighters discovered a refrigerant leak in the library and declared a “hazmat incident,” WUSA Channel 9  reports. 

All of those affected refused to be transported to a hospital but were given medical treatment on the scene. The library has reopened.

No comments:

Post a Comment