main banner

Monday, February 9, 2015

Fire damages house in Sleepy Hollow Woods


The morning after a fire destroyed the kitchen in this house.

An accidental fire in the Sleepy Hollow Woods neighborhood Feb. 8 was caused by “an electrical anomaly in the hood exhaust system over the stove,” the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports.

Fire units responded to the fire at 3811 Forest Grove Drive at approximately 8:50 p.m. after a neighbor called 911. They found smoke coming from the front and rear of the split-level home. Firefighters rescued two dogs, but two birds perished in the fire.

The two adults who rent the house were not home; they have been displaced and are receiving support from the Red Cross. The fire was contained to the kitchen. Damage is estimated at $90,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment