main banner

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fund established to help Pinecrest family displaced by fire

Fairfax County firefighters put out a fire in the Pinecrest community. [DeAnn Jelinek]
A fund has been set up to help the Susuico family, whose house at 6518 Medinah Lane in the Pinecrest was destroyed in a fire on the afternoon of Feb. 17.  The fire, caused by faulty electrical strip, resulted in damage estimated at $212,000.

Tony Paduano, a Neighborhood Watch Block Captain, established a fund at the Pinecrest branch of the Wells Fargo Bank to help the family get through this difficult time. The inside of the house has been gutted and they don’t expect to be able to move back in until May.

Donations can be dropped off in person or mailed to the bank at 6585 Little River Turnpike, Alexandria VA 22312. Checks should be made out to “the Susuico Fund” with account number 3655148561 in the memo line.

Cleofe and Juanita Susuico were in Guam when the fire started, Paduano says. Their adult son, Ronnie, who was living at the house, was at work and none of the neighbors had his contact information. Their three dogs, a poodle and two Chihuahuas, perished in the fire.

The Susioco’s were one of the original homeowners when The Pinecrest was built in 1986. In December, they won the “Most Christmas Spirit” award in the Pinecrest holiday decorating contest.

8 comments:

  1. A faulty electrical strip? What exactly is that referring to? One of those power surge protector strips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally something to look forward to from this blog and Annandale, instead of the world coming to an end with a Penny Gross reelection, boarding houses, residential development, overcrowded schools, blah, blah, blah.......etc. The amount of negativity has been so insipid that its pouring out of my pores every time I read this blog gob of blob.

    Yours truly, Negative Zero !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do realize that your post effectively does everything you said you can't stand. If you don't like the fire, you probably should feed it.

      Delete
    2. Negative Zero's post was posted to an incorrect location.

      Delete
  3. Does home owners insurance not cover displacement costs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three dogs in a town house? I believe that is a county violation http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/code/animals/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem like a real fun guy. Their dogs just burnt to hell and you are ready with the code violations. You must be a real hit at parties.

      Delete
  5. You really need to be doubly and triply careful about fire hazards when you share walls. Thankfully no surrounding units were damaged.

    ReplyDelete