main banner

Friday, January 22, 2016

Heater causes fire in Falls Church home

A ceiling heater in a home’s master bedroom caused a fire at 6205 Cheryl Drive, Falls Church, Jan. 21, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports.  Damage is estimated at $80,000.


6205 Cheryl Drive [Google Maps]
When firefighters arrived, at approximately 8:15 p.m., they encountered smoke and fire in the attic. The occupants, two adults and two children got out safely when they discovered the fire.

There were three working smoke detectors in the home, but they did not activate because the fire was in the attic. A firefighter was transported from the scene for evaluation. The home is located close to Stuart High School.

1 comment: