Big changes are coming to the Plaza at Landmark, the shopping center on Little River Turnpike on the eastern edge of Mason District. Here’s the rundown from Fred Cornett Jr., senior vice president at HHH Properties Corp., which owns the center:
- Five Below, a discount variety store where everything is $5 or less, is scheduled to open May 20.
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is moving into a vacant spot next to Sally Beauty Supply that used to be occupied by the Cairo Café and hookah bar.
|The new Five Below store at Landmark Plaza.|
- Quickway Hibachi, a local Japanese restaurant chain, is moving into the old Rita’s Italian Ice shop. It’s next to the Chipotle that opened in December where For Eyes Optical used to be. Quickway should open in three or four months.
- The Payless shoe store moved to a much larger, 8,000-square foot space next to Dollar Tree and is the first “Payless superstore” in the area. That spot had been occupied by the Olive Ole women’s clothing store.
|Quickway Hibachi is moving into the space next to Chipotle.|
- The Rainbow clothing store (women’s, juniors, kids, and plus sizes) is much larger after Gussini closed and it took over that space.
- D Furniture Galleries is taking over the whole upper level and should open in two or three weeks.
- Avail Vapor is moving into the spot formerly occupied by Hair Cuttery next to the Viva Tequila Mexican restaurant. It should open in two or three months.
|Rainbow has expanded.|
- Mattress Discounters moved into the spot between Ross and Dollar Tree.
- Zen Reflexology, a massage parlor, is moving into the breezeway, near Subway and Pizza Hut. It’s going into a long-vacant space that used to be a kabob place.