main banner

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Annandale apartment fire displaces three

An apartment fire on the 4700 block of Commons Drive, Annandale, June 7 displaced three residents, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports. When firefighters arrived just before 9 p.m., they found smoke coming from the top floor of the four-story building.

Fire investigators determined the fire was accidental and was caused by a malfunctioning electric clothes dryer in a utility room. One firefighter sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to the hospital for evaluation. No one else was injured.

Two adults and one juvenile have been displaced and are receiving assistance from the Red Cross. The building had working smoke alarms which alerted occupants to the fire. Total property loss is valued at $18,750.

No comments:

Post a Comment