|Members of Indivisible thank Rep. Don Beyer with valentines.|
Among Beyer’s recent actions cited by the group:
- Co-sponsoring legislation to protect the National Security Council from political interference;
- Introducing legislation to prohibit the barring of immigrants, refugees, and international visitors on the basis of religion;
- Opposing non-subsistence hunting in the National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska.
- Hosting the “Way Forward” town hall in response to constituents’ requests for “what can we do?” in the wake of the 2016 presidential election.
- “Fighting against the Trump Administration’s abhorrent actions, inept policymaking, and maladroit executive orders.
- Defending the Environmental Protection Agency on the House floor.
- Personally speaking with customs and border protection agents at Dulles Airport so that those unlawfully detained could access their rightful legal counsel.
- Urging Congress to require Trump to produce his tax returns.
- Speaking out against the Trump Administration’s abrupt freeze on federal workforce hiring.
- Pledging to fight any Republican proposal to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- Requesting a hearing on lapses in cybersecurity in the Trump White House.