|A paving vehicle used by VDOT in Annandale last summer.|
The Virginia Department of Transportation’s Northern Virginia summer repaving plan includes several streets in the Annandale area:
- Hummer Road
- Gallows Road/Annandale Road between the beltway and Annawood Court.
- Several streets in the Lake Barcroft and Barcroft Hills area, including Lakeview Drive, Whispering Lane, Oakwood Drive, and many others.
- Sleepy Hollow Road between Columbia Pike and Bay Tree Lane and Chanel Road/Wyndhill Drive.
- Braddock Road between Backlick Road and the beltway.
- Little River Turnpike service roads between the beltway and a little beyond Markham Street, between Edwards Street and Merritt Road, between Lincoln Avenue and halfway to Chowan Avenue, and between Manitoba Drive and Oasis Drive.
VDOT will have exact dates for the repaving about 10 days before the work is scheduled to begin. “No parking” signs will be posted in subdivisions at least three days in advance. The work is expected to be limited to 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on weekdays. Residents will likely be asked to move parked cars.