main banner

Monday, July 10, 2017

Annandale house fire caused by plumbing torch

Fire damages Camelot house. [FCFRD]
A house fire at a home in the 3800 block of King Arthur Road in Annandale July 7 was caused by the use of a plumbing torch that ignited combustibles within void stud space on an exterior wall, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports.

Fire units from the West Annandale Fire Station on Little River Turnpike and City of Fairfax Fire Department arrived just before 2:30 p.m. They found smoke showing from the roofline of the three-story home. Crews deployed multiple lines of fire hose to confine and extinguish the fire, which was concealed in the walls and attic space.

A sole occupant who was home smelled smoke and called 911. The smoke alarms did not initially activate because of the location of the fire. Two adults were displaced as a result of the fire. Red Cross assistance was offered but declined. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.

Damage to the house is estimated to be approximately $60,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment