main banner

Friday, February 9, 2018

North Springfield fire caused by oven mishap

Firefighters tackle house fire. [Photos from FCFRD]
A fire at a single-family house in the 5500 block of Heming Avenue in North Springfield Feb. 9 was caused by radiant heat from an electric oven that had been left in the “on” position and ignited nearby ordinary combustibles, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports.



One adult occupant was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The two-story, single-family house was undergoing renovation, and the homeowner was living in an addition. A neighbor noticed the fire and called 911 shortly before 2:30 a.m. There were smoke alarms in the main residence but not in the addition. Damages were estimated at $80,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment