main banner

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Annandale house fire caused by smoking materials

Firefights attack Annandale townhouse fire. [FCFRD]
Five people were displaced as a result of a fire in a townhouse in the 6800 block of Lafayette Park Drive in Annandale March 19, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports.

When firefighters arrived at the home in the Lafayette Park West community just before 10 p.m., they found fire showing from the rear of the home in the basement area.


Fire investigators determined the fire was accidental. It started on the exterior wooden deck and was caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials. There was some minor damage to the first floor. Total damages were estimated at $162,500.

Five occupants were home when the fire started. One occupant called 911. Smoke alarms went off after the fire was discovered. There no injuries. The occupants accepted assistance from the Red Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment