main banner

Friday, September 9, 2011

Got a flood-related problem? Here's who to call

Mason Supervisor Penny Gross put out the following information related to last night’s flood:

County crews are assessing the damage and need for reports to parks stream valley trails and storm drains, so it’s best to stay away until repairs are made.

Storm drains may be backed up or clogged with debris. You can report drainage programs online or call the Maintenance and Stormwater Management Division at 703/877-2800 (TTY 711).

If  sewage is backing up in your home, call 703/323-1211 or 703/239-8444 (TTY 711), and an inspector will be dispatched to determine whether the backup is caused by blockage in your sewer line or the county’s.

If you observe an overflowing sanitary sewer manhole, or wish to report an odor related to the sanitary sewer system, call 703/323-1211 or 703/239-8444 (TTY 711).

To report street flooding ot trees blocking roads, call the Virginia Department of Transportation, 800/FOR-ROAD or 800/367-7623) (TTY 711).

To assist all residents and businesses, the county is waiving the fees for any building permits that are needed to repair or rebuild storm-damaged properties.

For more information, call the Department of Public Works andEnvironmental Services at 703/324-1930 or 703/324-1940 (TTY711) Monday through Thursday, 8a.m.-4 p.m., or Friday, 9:15 a.m.-4 p.m.

If you experienced flooding related to the recent storms, the Fairfax County Health Department  recommends taking precautions to avoid indoor air quality problems associated with mold. 

More useful information can be found on the Fairfax County Emergency Information Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment