main banner

Monday, June 15, 2015

Annandale house fire started in kitchen

A fire that started in the kitchen of a single-family house at 3911 Wyndhill Drive, near Columbia Pike and Sleepy Hollow Road in Annandale, June 13 caused an estimated $47,000 in damages, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports. The fire was caused by unattended food left on the stove.

Firefighters responded at about 1:30 p.m. and got the fire under control in about 10 minutes. There were no injuries. One occupant was displaced but declined help from the Red Cross. The house did have working smoke alarms.

No comments:

Post a Comment