The first-ever Taste of Annandale is happening in just three days! In case you’re haven’t heard about it, the “Taste” is a family festival Saturday, June 13, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., along Tom Davis Drive in the heart of Annandale.
There will be about 20 food venders, live entertainment all day, a chili cook-off, 5K “Diamond Dash” Fun Run, and children’s corner.
- It’s a rain or shine event, and there will be covered areas with tables and chairs.
- There will be plenty of parking in the Giant and Kmart parking lots.
- Tom Davis Drive is a short street between Columbia Pike and John Marr Drive. It will be partially blocked off beginning at 7 a.m., but customers will still be able to access the post office and bank.
- The children’s area will have a moon bounce and fire truck, as well as live entertainment.
- Annandale High School students will sell water and soft drinks to raise money for the Annandale Youth Fund.
- The chili cook-off, with firefighters vs. police officers, will take place between 2 and 3 p.m. Everyone will have a chance to vote for your favorite.
- If you want to help out, check in at the volunteer table.
- The event is free. Food can be purchased from the participating vendors.
- Visit the Taste of Annandale Facebook page and the Taste of Annandale tab on the Annandale Blog for updates. Join the Taste of Annandale event page on Facebook and see who’s coming.
- The 5K starts at the Annandale United Methodist Church, 6935 Columbia Pike, at 8:30 a.m. Registration is onsite only, beginning at 7:45 a.m. After stretching exercises led by Taste of Annandale sponsor PR Performance Fitness, runners will be escorted across Columbia Pike and will follow a course through the Sleepy Hollow Woods, Columbia Pines, and Broyhill Crest neighborhoods. Registrants must be 18 and up, but participants may bring children and strollers.
- The drawing for the half-carat diamonds from title sponsor Lambros Goldsmiths to two lucky 5K participants will take place on the stage at the Taste of Annandale during the opening ceremony, which begins at 10 a.m.
- The following food vendors will be showcasing their diverse cuisine at the Taste of Annandale: American Legion Post 1976, Beanetics Coffee Roasters, Cue Club, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, Duck Chang’s, Food Corner Kabob, Honey Pig, Imm Thai, James Lee Fish Fry, Jang Won, Jerusalem, Locker Room Sports Bar & Grill, Miso Fusion, Pho Hai Duong, Silverado, Siroo, and Tous Les Jours.
- We’ll have these food trucks: California Sliders, El Fuego, Mandarin Halal Express, Taquitos Dona Mary, and an ice cream truck.
- Other vendors include Annandale High School, the Annandale Youth Fund, Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services, NOVA - Annandale Campus, Orient Bowl (lemonade stand), Fairfax County Park Authority, PR Performance Fitness, Supervisor Penny Gross, and Tunisian Touch.
- Taste of Annandale sponsors include Lambros Goldsmith (title sponsor), American Properties, Annandale Rotary Club, Annandale United Methodist Church, Anthem HealthKeepers Plus, Burke & Herbert Bank, Hanmi Bank, Home Fit Custom Remodel, Korean American Chamber of Commerce, Locker Room Sports Bar & Grill, Long and Foster, Mpras Law Offices, the Parliaments Apartments, South Baylo University, and Weichert Realtors.
- Here’s the tentative entertainment lineup, with the first group starting at roughly 10:25 a.m. and the performances running through 8 p.m.: Annandale Terrace Jumpers, AACA Child Development Center, Annandale High School Orchestra, Space Junk band, B4 His Face Mime Ministry, Natananjali School of Dance, Swell band, Garbo y Salero, Bob Kovac, Eagle Tae Kwon Do, Baila Peru, Hawaiian Stars, magician, Ta’Ata Roiroi, Team Yon of Hapmudo Martial Arts, Hye Tension band, Mezzlocutis Dance Company with mambo demo and lesson, No Part of Nothin’, Kizomba demo and lesson with Tanya Fiske, Kelly Ruiz – Dancing Waackin Style, West African Youth Dancers, Salsa Fuego Dance Academy with demo and lesson, Fairfax Chinese Dance Troupe, Sid with guitar and friends, and the Alice Gu-Zheng Ensemble.