main banner

Monday, November 14, 2016

Combustible materials cause Annandale house fire

Firefighters respond to a fire in Annandale. 
Combustible materials placed next to a boiler system in the basement caused a fire at a single-family house on the 4500 block of Hillbrook Road in Annandale Nov. 13.

When firefighters from Fire Station 8 in Annandale arrived shortly before 7 a.m., they smoke coming from the roof. One adult occupant who had been home, noticed smoke in the house and called 911. There were smoke alarms in the house and they did activate.

Damages to the structure and property were estimated at $100,000. There were no injuries. Two adult occupants were provided assistance by the Red Cross.

The Fairfax County Fire Department urges residents to keep combustible materials at least three feet from a heating source.

No comments:

Post a Comment