main banner

Monday, November 28, 2016

Fire damages Lake Barcroft house

Firefighters contain fire to carport. [Debi Gerald]
A house fire in the Lake Barcroft neighborhood Nov. 27 was caused by “an electrical event that ignited nearby combustibles” in the carport, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports. No one was home at the time. Damage was estimated at $50,000.

Firefighters arrived at the two-story, single-family home on the 6500 block of Jay Miller Drive a little after 1 p.m.  A neighbor called 911 after observing black smoke coming from the home. The smoke detectors didn’t activate, as the fire was contained to an enclosed carport.

No comments:

Post a Comment