If you haven’t yet taken advantage of the free summertime BBQ lunches for kids, there’s plenty of time. The program runs Monday-to-Friday through Aug. 27 at 19 sites throughout Fairfax County.
Adults can eat too, for just $2.
The FEEDS (Food for Every Child to Eat During Summer) BBQ program is sponsored by Fairfax County Public Schools’ Food and Nutrition Services.
Sites in the Annandale/Mason District area include:
- Bailey’s Lower Elementary School, 6111 Knollwood Drive, Bailey’s Crossroads.
- Bren Mar Park Elementary School, Beryl Road, Alexandria.
- Poe Middle School, 7000 Cindy Lane, Annandale. (11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Vistas of Annandale, 7931 Patriot Drive, Annandale.
- James Lee Community Center, 2855 Annandale Road, #101, Falls Church.
The BBQ lunches feature items like hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, turkey sausages, or grilled chicken. All meals includes fresh fruits and vegetables.