main banner

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Fire erupts at Annandale condo

Firefighters on the balcony of an Annandale apartment. [FCFRD]
A malfunctioning gas furnace caused a fire in a home in the 4900 block of Americana Drive in Annandale Nov. 26, the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department reports.

When fire units from Fairfax County and the City of Fairfax arrived at about 4:40 p.m., fire was showing from the second floor of the three-story building at Tall Tree Gardens Condominiums and spread from an outside utility room into the attic space.

The fire started when the gas furnace in the utility room on the balcony ignited ordinary combustibles.

Three of the four occupants of the home were home at the time and all four were displaced by the fire. There were no injuries.

One resident called 911. Smoke alarms in the building were activated but the building did not have sprinklers. Damages were estimated at $90,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment