main banner

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Nursing home resident starts accidental fire

A resident of a nursing home in the 7100 block of Braddock Road in Annandale accidentally started a fire after smoking in bed, 

By the time firefighter units arrived shortly before 11 p.m. on Feb. 5, nursing home staff had already put out the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher, the Fairfax County Fire Department reports.

The occupant had been immediately evacuated after staff smelled smoke and discovered the fire. The staff activated the fire alarm and initiated protect-in-place procedures for building residents.

Damages are estimated at $18,750. No one was injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment