The school also is a runner-up in Washington Family’s Best STEM Program category.
|Pinecrest students have lots of hands-on activities.|
“Our warm and nurturing social and emotional environment gives children the caring support necessary to challenge themselves with confidence,” states the Pinecrest School blog. “We encourage parents and children to form a close partnership built on mutual trust with our teachers and Head of School.”
The school teaches mindfulness strategies to help children learn to relax their bodies and focus their minds, the blog states. “Pinecrest School is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and equitable community that values the diverse identities of our students, families, and faculty.”
A new building was completed on the Pinecrest campus in 2017.
There is also a summer camp program, called Pinecrest Pavilion, that serves children ages 4-12 with a variety of multi-age, creative, theme-based classes.
Pinecrest School has a few spaces available for the 2019-20 school year. Parents can schedule a tour here.
Representatives from Pinecrest School will be at the Taste of Annandale, a street festival on Oct. 5.
Washington Family magazine’s Best for Families poll also recognized a few other businesses and organizations with locations in the Annandale area:
- The Westminster School was named runner up in the Best Private Elementary School category.
- In the Best Swim School category, the Tom Dolan Swim School was named runner up.
- MOM’s Organic Market was named Best Health Food Store.
- Glory Days Grill got the Best Local Sports Bar award.
- Inova Fairfax Hospital was named Best Hospital.