|The Bulgarian folk music group Lyuti Chushki performed at Ossian Hall Park Aug. 10. The group's name means "hot peppers."|
The last cultural heritage night at Ossian Hall Park is next Saturday, Aug. 17, 7:30 p.m., featuring music and dance with the Irish Breakfast Band.
There will be five more shows this week and next at the amphitheater at Mason District Park; all at 7:30 p.m.:
- Aug. 14 – the Texas Chainsaw Horns (R&B, funk, and soul)
- Aug. 16 – Tom Paxton (folk)
- Aug. 18 – the United States Air Force Airmen of Note (big band, jazz)
- Aug. 21 – Squeeze Bayou (Cajun)
- Aug. 23 – the Apple Core (Beatles covers)
There’s bench seating at Mason District Park. At Ossian Hall Park, seating is on the grass, so it’s best to bring a blanket or chair.
In case of rain, call 703-324-SHOW (7469) an hour before show time to see if there’s a cancelation.