|Crowds watch a martial arts performance at the 2018 Taste of Annandale.|
The Taste of Annandale is a family-friendly street festival on Saturday, Oct. 5, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., along Tom Davis Drive (between Columbia Pike and John Marr Drive).
Restaurant owners can apply to participate here, and other vendors can apply here. For more information, visit the Taste of Annandale website or contact Peter Huynh, 703-627-8665, firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s not too late to sign on as a sponsor. Visit the Taste of Annandale sponsor page to learn more. Our top, Diamond-level sponsors are the Vistas of Annandale and Lambros Goldsmith.
To join the Taste as a sponsor, sign up here. For more information, contact Bob Kahane, 703-856-8773, email@example.com.
Last year’s Taste of Annandale drew at last 5,500 people, and this year’s festival should be even more popular. There is no charge to attend.
The public is invited to come early for the Taste of Annandale 5K. The race starts at 9:30 a.m. in the old Kmart parking lot at 4251 John Marr Drive. Overall winners and winners of various age categories will be recognized on the Taste of Annandale stage. Register for the 5K here.
Here is a brief overview of what’s planned for the Taste of Annandale:
- Monarca in Flight, the aerial dance group, will highlight the live entertainment lineup. Other confirmed performers include the Annandale High School Band; a Peruvian dance group; a classical Chinese music ensemble; and two student bands from the Bach to Rock Music School in McLean.
- The beer garden at this year’s Taste of Annandale will be bigger than last year’s, with brews from Settle Down Easy, as well as Audacious Aleworks Brewery & Taproom.
- The best-dressed pet contest will be back, under the direction of Chico’s Natural Pet Market.
- The children’s program, based at the ACCA Child Development Center, will feature live music, puppet shows, games, crafts, photos, and costumed characters.
- Food trucks and restaurants reflect the diverse cultures of Annandale, including the cuisines of Latin America, Korea, Peru, the Middle East, India, Thailand, and American barbecue.
- The chili cook-off will be back, too, with the Annandale Volunteer Fire Station vying to take back the trophy from the Mason Police Station.
- The Pop-Up Park, outside the ACCA Child Development Center, is having a Community Day during the Taste of Annandale, with several family-friendly activities.
- The Fairfax County Communities of Trust Committee is organizing a display from local law enforcement agencies, including the Fairfax County Police Department helicopter.
- There will also be a photo booth, craft vendors, displays from local businesses and nonprofits, local officials, and political candidates.
The Gold-level sponsors include the ACCA Child Development Center, the Annandale Blog, Burke & Herbert Bank, Chico’s Natural Pet Market, the Couts Group, Crescendo Music Studios, the Fairfax County Republican Committee, Mason District candidate for supervisor Gary Aiken, Heartland Home Foods, the Korean American Chamber of Commerce, Landmark HHH LLC, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, the Rotary Club of Annandale, and the Spinal Health Group.