|The Paw Patrol, seen here at the 2018 Taste of Annandale, will be back this year.|
The Taste of Annandale is a family-friendly community festival Oct. 5, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., on Tom Davis Drive in the center of Annandale.
The children’s activities will be across the street at the CDC building at 7200 Columbia Pike. The police will ensure families will be able to cross the street safely.
Here’s what’s planned so far:
- The Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning Through the Arts will present several shows – with music, puppets, and stories – throughout the day.
- Children will have a chance to build large play structures with the CDC’s blue Imagination Playground blocks.
- A professional photographer will provide free pictures of children in a pumpkin patch.
- Nurses from Inova will bring a mobile unit offering free vision and other health screenings.
- Costumed characters from Paw Patrol and Toy Story, along with various superheroes, will engage with children outside.
- There will also be crafts, face painting, book-making, and book giveaways.