|This overpass is being renovated.|
There will be lane closures on King Street on this schedule:
- Monday through Thursday: 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. and 10 p.m.-5 a.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. and 10 p.m.-9 a.m.
- Saturday night: 10 p.m.-8 a.m.
- Sunday night: 10 p.m.-5 a.m.
According to VDOT, the $13 million project will extend the life of the bridge and improve safety for drivers and pedestrians. It is scheduled to be completed this summer.
The work includes:
- Repairing and resurfacing the concrete bridge deck.
- Repairing bridge piers, abutments, and bearings.
- Adding pedestrian fences to the bridge railings.
- Painting steel bridge beams.
- Repairing the pavement on King Street adjacent to the bridges.
- Adding a new westbound King Street pedestrian crossing at 30th Street South.
- Widening the King Street median sidewalk between 30th Street South and Menokin Drive and centering the sidewalk in the median.
- Widening the westbound King Street sidewalk between 30th Street South and Park Center Drive.
- Upgrading the curb ramps and pedestrian signals at King Street and Park Center Drive and eastbound King Street and Menokin Drive.
- Upgrading roadway lighting.