|Planning staff opposes a large mixed-use project on this site in Annandale, viewed from Woodland Road.|
The Planning Commission will hold a hearing on the amendments on Nov. 18, 7:30 p.m.
The proposed plan amendments opposed by staff include:
- Western Annandale CBC (PC19-MA-005) – A proposal for a mixed-use project with 575 mid-rise multifamily residential units, 156,000 square feet of offices, and 100,000 square feet of retail between Little River Turnpike and Hummer Road.
The project would be on the site of two existing office buildings and several residential properties. It would encompass 7616 Little River Turnpike; 4102, 4104, 4108, 4112, 4114, and 4116 Woodland Road; 4111 Hummer Road; and 4125 Horseshoe Drive.
The proposal calls for the Annandale Community Business Center to be expanded to cover the area of the proposed project.
- 6429 Arlington Blvd. Seven Corners (PC19-MA-003) – A 90,000-square-foot assisted living/nursing care/memory care facility is proposed for an area encompassing 6421, 6425, 6429, 6435, 6439, 6443 Arlington Boulevard and 6420 Spring Terrace in the Sleepy Hollow neighborhood.
- 4312 Ravensworth Road, Annandale (PC19-MA-004) – A 153,300-square foot, four-story self-storage facility is proposed on the site of the existing Public Storage center.
|Planning staff opposes an assisted nursing home on this site and several adjacent properties on Arlington Boulevard.|
- First Christian Church, Seven Corners (PC19-MA-001) – A church is proposing a multifamily, age-restricted independent living facility with up to 113 units and up to 5,000 square feet of medical or general office uses on its property at 6165 Leesburg Pike. The existing church would be expanded, too.
- 6152 Leesburg Pike, Seven Corners (PC19-MA-002) – A cluster of five to eight homes for seniors is proposed for the backyard of a one-acre property with an existing single-family home.
- Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center, Seven Corners (PC19-MA-006) – The existing place of worship would be expanded to include a community center and, potentially, up to 25 units of senior housing and/or ancillary retail. This project would be located at 6152 and 6160 Leesburg Pike, 3159 Row Street, and 6105, 6107, 6109, 6111, 6113, 6115, and 6117 Munson Hill Road.
The Planning Commission could agree that all or any of the proposals could be included in the Comprehensive Work Program for 2021, even the ones opposed by the staff. The Planning Commission is scheduled to adopt a final Work Plan on Dec. 2.