Come out and meet your neighbors at the fifth annual Taste of Annandale. This free family-friendly and pet-friendly street festival is Oct. 5, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., along Tom Davis Drive in the heart of Annandale, Va.
The Taste of Annandale features food trucks, restaurants, and live music and dance reflecting the diverse cultures of the community.
Here are some more highlights:
- There’s a 5K Race at 9:30 a.m. starting in the old Kmart parking lot at 4251 John Marr Drive. Register here.
- The beer garden features Audacious Aleworks Brewery & Taproom and Settle Down Easy Brewing Co.
- There’s a best-dressed pet contest, hosted by Chico’s Natural Pet Market. The winners have a chance to compete to be Chico’s Next Pet Model.
- The entertainment includes an aerial dance performance by Monarca in Flight.
- All-day children’s programming, organized by the ACCA Child Development Center, includes puppet shows, live music, games, crafts, and costumed characters.
- The Fairfax County Communities of Trust is bringing the police helicopter and an array of law enforcement vehicles for children to explore.
- The Annandale Pop-Up Park is hosting Community Day at the Taste of Annandale with games and activities, including the Annandale Oral History Project.
The Taste of Annandale will also have a chili cook-off (police vs. firefighters), free dental exams for kids, a photo booth, and lots of vendors.
The Title Sponsors are Lambros Goldsmith and the Vistas of Annandale.
For more information, visit the Taste of Annandale website: https://tasteofannandale.com/
The Taste of Annandale is organized by the Annandale Roundtable, a nonprofit organization of community members. Proceeds from the Taste of Annandale support the Re-Imagining Community initiative, which high school students use art as a springboard for community engagement. Learn more here.
Here are some scenes from the 2018 Taste of Annandale: